1. Law. having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable.
2. Useless; ineffectual; vain.
3. Devoid; destitute (usually followed by of ): a life void of meaning.
4. Without contents; empty.
5. Without an incumbent, as an office.
8. An empty space; emptiness: He disappeared into the void.
9. Something experienced as a loss or privation: His death left a great void in her life.
10. A gap or opening, as in a wall.
11. A vacancy; vacuum.
Verb (used with object)
12. To make ineffectual; invalidate; nullify: to void a check.
13. To empty; discharge; evacuate: to void excrement.
14. To clear or empty (often followed by of ): to void a chamber of occupants.
15. Archaic . to depart from; vacate.